2. What are some ways that darkness manifests in religious traditions either positively or negatively? What does darkness symbolize or mean in these examples?
3. What are some of the aspects and elements that religious communities link to darkness? What are the connections between them?
4. How may warding off darkness be meaningful to people and why is the image so common?
5. Can darkness be "taken back" for religion? Is there a way that religions can see the darkness as less harmful or even holy?
6. In our world of constant lighting, has the image of light lost some of its potency? Do we need more darkness in our "light polluted" world?
7. If there was some way to make humans more equipped to handle darkness, what effects if any might this have on religion?