Introductions took a while because BIG is getting...well...BIG! It's really exciting.
We also wished Mea a happy birthday and ate cake (if anybody wants the recipe, I can send it or post it).
The main question was "Is it appropriate for secular schools to bring religion or spirituality into the curriculum?"
points brought up were
- private vs. public schools
- religious schools that teach other religion
- teaching, not preaching
- duty of teachers to cater to students
- the fine lines between appropriate and inappropriate
- respectful yet neutral ways to teach about religion
I liked the way the dialogue went towards the end, when people got into their opinions more and spoke passionately.
BIG went on for a while and there was so much cake, I hope everybody was able to wake up for class this morning. (I know my suite struggled)
peace, love, do your homework
~ASM & e board