So good to be back in the peace room talking about awesome things. There were cookies.
We like our religion trendy
1. What is "undeath" and why might this pop culture idea be relevant to religious traditions that have existed for millenia?
2. Death naturally plays an important role in every religious tradition, but in some cases that does not mean that the deceased are disconnected from the living. What are some cases in which the dead are able to reconnect with the living either positively or negatively?
3. How are the deceased portrayed in these depictions of the dead that have returned to our world?
4. How can the dead present problems for the living members of particular religious communities and how are these issues combated by different faiths?
5. What do monsters and other evil beings bring to religious traditions and why are there so many references to them throughout the world?
6. Many religious traditions give great respect to dead humans, but the notion of undead gods is far from unheard of. What is so compelling about this notion and what is its appeal? Is it just the nature of the undead being (was the being originally human, divine or something else) determine how people will view it or is there something else involved?
7. If human beings eventually come up with a way to gain immortality, will our obsession with the undead come to an end?
~Ana-Sofia and Greg